Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center is committed to providing comprehensive healthcare services for women Veterans. Our programs address the special needs of women throughout each stage of life. The Cleveland VA Women’s Clinic is committed to assuring that all women Veterans are aware of their eligibility for services. The Women’s Health Care team is dedicated to improving the quality and accessibility of those services. Through multiple education programs, our Women’s Healthcare providers and staff are kept up-to-date on how to provide the best care for our women Veterans.
Women Veterans who have been honorably discharged (or honorable under general conditions) from military service may apply for healthcare services. Wives of Veterans covered by CHAMPVA are also eligible.
To learn more or apply for benefits: http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/
or call Eligibility at (216) 791- 3800 and press 4, then 5.
Women's Health Care Team & Services
To reach a member of the Women's Health Care Team, please call us at (216) 231 - 3425.
We are dedicated to providing excellent healthcare services throughout the life span of our women Veterans. Learn more about the services for women Veterans.
Locations and Contact
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Women’s Clinic has several locations to best serve women Veterans. Learn more about locations and how to contact us.
Military Sexual Trama
We have a designated Military Sexual Trama (MST) Coordinator who serves as a contact person for MST related issues. Our Coordinator is your advocate and can help you find and access VA services and programs and community resources.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center MST Coordinator is Jennifer Knetig, Ph.D. (216) 791-3800 ext. 6849
Our Women Veterans Program Manager advises and advocates for women Veterans. She can help coordinate all the services you may need, from primary care to specialized care for chronic conditions or reproductive health. VA health care for women Veterans includes:
- General care includes health evaluation and counseling, disease prevention, nutrition counseling, weight control, smoking cessation, and substance abuse counseling and treatment as well as gender-specific primary care, such as cervical cancer screens (Pap smears), breast cancer screens (mammograms), birth control, preconception counseling, Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine, menopausal support (hormone replacement therapy).
- Mental health includes evaluation and assistance for issues such as depression, mood, and anxiety disorders; intimate partner and domestic violence; sexual trauma; elder abuse or neglect; parenting and anger management; marital, caregiver, or family-related stress; and post-deployment adjustment or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST). Women-and men as well-may experience repeated sexual harassment or sexual assault during their military service. Special services are available to women who have experienced MST. VA provides free, confidential counseling and treatment for mental and physical health conditions related to MST. More information is available about MST from the national Women Veterans Health Care program and the VHA Office of Mental Health.
- Management and screening of chronic conditions includes heart disease, diabetes, cancer, glandular disorders, osteoporosis, and fibromyalgia as well as sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS and hepatitis. Reproductive health care includes maternity care, infertility evaluation and limited treatment; sexual problems, tubal ligation, urinary incontinence, and others. VA is prohibited by legislative authority from providing either in-vitro fertilization or abortion services.
- Rehabilitation, homebound, and long-term care. VA referrals are given to those in need of rehabilitation therapies such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language therapy, exercise therapy, recreational therapy, and vocational therapy. Homebound and long-term care services are available as well, limited to those meeting specific requirements.