VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Our mission is to provide in a compassionate, humane and ethical manner, the highest quality and technologically current rehabilitation treatment, education and resources to assist severely injured and physically challenged Veterans to successfully return to their environment.
Education of professionals and students in allied health career fields, medical center staff, Veteran’s families and the community is key to our mission. We also support clinical and basic science research for the advancement of rehabilitation.
The Rehab Team
We are professionals who use current knowledge, equipment and techniques to restore our patients body to maximum use. We provide excellent care with dignity and respect for our Veterans and their families.
For information, please call us toll free at (877) 838-8262 or (216) 791-3800 and use the extension below:
- General Information: ext. 61168
- Poly-trauma: ext. 61172
- Amputee: ext. 61173
- Inpatient Rehab Admission: ext. 61166
- Physical Therapy: ext. 61100
- Occupational Therapy: ext. 61100
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Specialized services to Veterans in need of rehabilitation following amputation, stroke, traumatic brain injury, and spinal cord injury
Our inpatient Medical Rehabilitation Unit has eight (8) designated beds. Our services include physical medicine and rehabilitation, medical and surgical options, nursing care, psychological assessment and treatment, dietary help, social services and other specialty areas as needed. Health maintenance and promotion services are provided during scheduled outpatient visits and annual evaluations.
Who Should be referred?
Our Medical Rehabilitation Service provides inpatient therapies to Veterans when there is reasonable expectation that rehabilitation will improve function or the quality of life for the Veteran.
Results from the annual inpatient survey:
- 94% were satisfied with their rehab stay.
- 96.5% felt involved with decision making during their rehab stay.
- 92.6% indicates our rehab program prepared them for going home.
- 92.2% Rehab progress made met their expectations.
- 94.8% said our rehab program improved their quality of life.
- 5B Rehabilitation Program Demographics FY12 (10/1/2011-9/30/2012)
- Total Number of Patients: 152
- Average age of Patients: 61
- 44-64 Years: 67%
- 65-74 Years: 21%
- 97% Male, 3% Female
- Race, Ethnicity
- 57% White
- 38% Black
- 1% Asian
- 1% Hispanic
- 36% Married
- 34% Divorced
- 16% Single
- 9% Widowed
- 2% Separated
- 64% Acute Care Own Facility
- 34% Acute Care Another Facility
- 1% Admit form Home
- 1% Admit from Rehab Facility
- Work Status
- 43% Retired due to Disability
- 32% Retired due to Age
- 14% Employed
- 10% Not Working
- Patient Outcomes (Inpatient Rehab)
- Patients meeting set goals: 85%
- Average number (hours of therapy participation per day): 2.76 Hours
- Patients Experiencing an interruption in stay: 0%
- Average Length of Stay: 14 Days
- Patient Satisfaction for Patients Discharged in FY2012
- 94% were satisfied with their overall stay
- 97% agreed that they were involved in decision making during their stay
- 93% agreed that the rehabilitation program prepared them for going home
- 92% agreed that the progress they made in rehabilitation met their expectations
- 95% agreed that the rehabilitation program improved their quality of life
- Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
- 216-791-3800 Ext. 61156
- 877-838-8262 Ext. 61156
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm