Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
Employers Looking to Hire Veterans
If your organization is interested in hiring a Veteran, please contact:
Daniel Abraham, LSW, LCDC III at (216) 391-0264 ext. 2006.
The Cleveland VA Medical Center’s Vocational Service is an employment rehabilitation program that provides Veterans valuable work experience within the Cleveland VA Medical Center and community-based positions.
To provide realistic and productive work opportunities for Veterans that lead to competitive employment. We achieve our mission by developing partnerships with local businesses, industry and other community-based support organizations.
Vocational Services Offers the Following for Veterans:
- Therapeutic Work Programs (TWP)
- Compensated Work Therapy (CWT)
- Incentive Work Therapy (IWT)
- Vocational Assessment and Case Management Services
- Job Task Analysis, Transferable Skill Analysis
- Job Matching / Development and Employment Advocacy
- Formal Work Evaluations, Simulations and Tryouts
- Career Counseling
- Job Search Skill Development Education
- Ergonomic, Assistive Technology and Job Accommodation Analysis
- Transitional/Community-Based Work Opportunities
- Therapeutic Residence (TR House)
- Supported Employment for Veterans with Severe Mental Illness
- Veterans Community Employmetn Program
- Polytrauma Vocational Counseling
- Spinal Cord Injured Vocational Counseling
Benefits of Vocational Services for Businesses and Organizations:
- Obtain Competitive, Semi-Skilled or Skilled Labor
- Utilize a Flexible and Goal-Oriented Workforce
- Minimize Costs Associated with Recruitment, Pre-Screening and Placement
For more information on services and programs offered through the Cleveland VA Medical Center’s Vocational Services, please call (216) 308-8403.
Cleveland VA Medical Center
10701 East Blvd.
Cleveland, OH 44106
- 216-391-0264 Ext. 2006
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 am - 4:30 pm