VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System
VA’s Award-Winning e-Health Web Site
Online access to trusted and secure VA healthcare information and services is just a click away. Veterans, active duty service members and others can access, record and store important health information. Anytime. Anywhere.
My HealtheVet is:
- A web-based program designed and created for you, the Veteran, with the goal of optimizing your healthcare
- A one-stop shop for VA prescription refills, VA programs, benefits, services, and VA news
- Personal and Military Health Histories are self-entered. To obtain a copy of your military service (health) record please visit eVetRecs system portal.
- A national website that can be accessed anywhere, anytime at: http://www.myhealth.va.gov
- Register for My HealtheVet at the My HealtheVet Homepage.
Refill VA Prescriptions Online! Veterans who receive VA healthcare can enjoy the convenience of online VA Prescription Refills. Only access to the Internet is needed!
If you are a VA patient and registered on My HealtheVet….it is time for you to get an Upgraded Account!
Attention VA Patients: Is a My HealtheVet upgraded account for you?
If you are a Veteran and use the VA healthcare system, then the answer is yes. To upgrade your account, you need to go through In-Person Authentication (IPA). This is a one-time process that helps protect your information. It is used to verify your My HealtheVet user identity.
As a VA patient, an upgraded account allows you to:
- Get your VA Wellness Reminders
- View your VA Appointments View your VA Allergies and Adverse Reactions
- When available, participate in Secure Messaging with your health care team*
- Fully participate in future My HealtheVet features
*Secure Messaging is now available through some VA clinics and expanding to others throughout 2012.
To get your upgraded account, simply:
- Select VA Patient when registering in My HealtheVet
- Read and sign the VA Release of Information form 10-5345a-MHV (PDF)
When you visit your local VA facility, take a copy of your signed VA Release Form. Give your form to a qualified VA staff member. You will also need to show them a government issued photo identification. This can be your Veteran Identification Card, driver's license or passport. After they verify your information you will have an upgraded account.
For questions about In-Person Authentication, go to IPA Frequently Asked Questions. You can also contact the My HealtheVet Coordinator at (216) 791-3800 ext. 6585 or ext 3029.
My HealtheVet Help Desk's Toll-Free Number: 1-877-327-0022
My HealtheVet Video
It's Quick, Easy and it's for You! (5 minutes):
If you are a VA patient and want a paper copy of your medical record, the VA currently uses a manual process. My HealtheVet provides on-line access to portions of your VA medical record. In-Person Authentication (IPA) is the first step to make this happen. In the future, other portions of your VA medical record will become accessible. Notice will be posted on My HealtheVet as new features become available.
- Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
- 216-791-3800 Ext. 6585
- 216-791-3800 Ext. 3029
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm