VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System
Visitor and Access Restrictions
November 17, 2020
DATE: November 20, 2020
FROM: Executive Director
SUBJECT: VANEOHS COVID-19 Status
TO: VANEOHS Employees, Veterans, Contractors & Visitors
- Access to VANEOHS facilities is limited to on-duty employees, Veterans with a scheduled appointment or those going to the emergency room, and approved visitors and contractors.
- Access is limited to one main entrance for all facilities with the exception of an employee entrance for the Cleveland VA Medical Center from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Cleveland VA Medical Center’s CARES Tower entrances are closed.
- The Cleveland VA Medical Center’s Emergency Department entrance is for ambulance and patient drop-off only.
- Persons entering/re-entering facilities consent to medical screening by staff. Refusal of consent to the medical screening is basis for denial of admittance.
- Non-healthcare masks are required upon entering facilities.
- Visitors who screen positive for COVID-19 symptoms or exposures will not be allowed.
- Visitors under the age of 18 will not be allowed.
- No Visitors for long term care residential units and those in CARES Tower, except in a compassionate care situation as deemed appropriate by the Veteran’s medical team. If deemed appropriate by the medical team, no more than two (2) visitors per-patient at a time.
- No visitation for acute inpatients except for in a compassionate care situation.
- Visitation is not allowed for COVID-19 Positive patients. Virtual methods of communication will be offered.
- For outpatient appointments and outpatient procedures companions are encouraged to remain in their vehicles or outside the building for the duration of the Veteran’s appointment/procedure. Attempts will be made to connect companions to the appointment remotely through video or phone. If the Veteran requires a companion’s assistance, one (1) companion will be allowed access to the building after passing screening but will not be able to go into the treatment room or to the patient room/floor unless clinically indicated and necessary.
- Deliveries of essential items are permissible for inpatients. Nursing units will be responsible for coordinating pick-up of these items with the family and wiping down electronic devices prior to delivering to patients.