Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
The staff at the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center provide a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health.
Patient Education Resource Center
Our Patient Education Resource Center (PERC) at the Wade Park Campus is staffed by an experienced patient education librarian. The PERC contains a collection of easy-to-read health and wellness books, respected health education newsletters, videos and brochures you can take home. If you don’t see the information you are looking for, just ask the librarian to check the computer for additional resources.
The PERC is located in Room 1B-351 off the Wade Park Urgent Care Center lobby next to the exit doors. Weekday hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Veterans, family and friends are welcome to visit. The goal of the PERC is to provide trusted health education material to our Veterans and those who care for them.
Several handouts and brochures are also available from your doctors, nurses and social workers. They are included as part of their interaction with you during your visit.
The My HealtheVet site provides Veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about Veterans' benefits and services are also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to —
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
Once enrolled, you may have your identity authenticated to make the most of My HealtheVet. To have your identity authenticated, please bring an identification card to:
- Wade Park – Release of Information located in office 2A199B - 2nd floor in Atrium (Main Hospital) by trhe Patriot's Coffee House
- CBOC – Ask for the designated staff member at your location.
My HealtheVet Secure Messaging Information
Learn more about My HealtheVet and Secure Messaging.
My HealtheVet Contact Information
Phone: (216) 421-3018
Clinical staff provide ongoing health education during regularly scheduled outpatient clinic visits. Courses focus on:
- health promotion
- upcoming tests and procedures
Staff can tell you about upcoming education classes that are available.
Clinical staff begin the patient education process at the time you are admitted, during your hospital stay and when you are discharged. Our goal is to provide a hospital environment where patients:
- continually receive updated health information
- are able to ask questions about their health
- can enjoy as comfortably as possible their stay in our facility