VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System
Volunteer opportunities are available at the Louis Stokes Cleveland VAMC. However, not all assignments are available all of the time. Throughout the year, new assignments are posted when they become available. Please visit our website often for updates!
- Volunteer Van Drivers
- Help pick-up outpatients receiving chemotherapy, dialysis, radiation therapy, and other outpatient appointments. To fill this role, you must have a current drivers license and automobile insurance and pass a physical exam.
- Information Desk Volunteer
- Help patients and visitors with information and clinic locations.
- Volunteer Office Assistant
- Help different medical or administrative offices in the medical center. Duties include filing, answering phones, and greeting and directing patients.
- Volunteer Patient Reminder Caller
- Help make phone calls to remind patients about their scheduled appointments.
- Discharge Patient Survey Caller
- Call patients who have been discharged from the medical center and record their responses for a survey.
- Patient Assistance Volunteers
- Provide assistance with patients, helping patients in wheelchairs get to their scheduled appointments.
- Hospitality Beverage Cart
- Deliver beverages to outpatient clinics and waiting areas.
- Amenity Relief Volunteer
- Assist and support nursing staff on inpatient units providing amenities and special attention to patients as needed. .
- Magazine / Book Cart
- Sort donated magazines and books, and take the cart to designated waiting areas.
- My HealtheVet Volunteer
- Help Veterans to enroll for an online My HealtheVer account that can help them, their family members and caregivers improve access to VA health care. With a My HealtheVet online account, Veterans are able to refill VA prescriptions online, view appointments and lab results, download medical records, and send secure messages to their health care providers and teams.
To learn more call the Voluntary Service Office at (216) 791-3800 ext 5081.