VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System
About the VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System
About VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System
Focusing on treating the whole Veteran through health promotion and disease prevention, VA provides comprehensive, seamless health care and social services for 112,395 Veterans across Northeast Ohio.
With 18 locations of care, including 13 outpatient clinics, two community resource and referral centers, a psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery center, a chronic dialysis center and an outpatient surgery center, VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System’s quality services are easily accessible to Veterans in 21 counties.
VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System contributes to the future of medicine through education, training, and research programs. We are committed to delivering the highest quality and safest health care to our nation’s Veterans.
VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is part of Veterans Integrated Service Network 10 (VISN 10), which includes 10 VA Healthcare Systems, the independent Columbus, Ohio Ambulatory Care clinic and a network of 63 VA Outpatient Clinics that provides care to more than 685,000 Veterans throughout the lower peninsula of Michigan, Ohio, Northern Kentucky, and Indiana.
Download a print version of our Annual Report to learn more about the VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System.
VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System At a Glance
Download a printer verision of our At a Glance booklet to learn more information about VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System.
Healthcare System Facts - Fiscal Year 2019
Veteran Enrollees 112,395 Admissions 12,411 Outpatient Appointments 2,076,096 Women Veterans Served 9,016 Healthcare System Employees 5,389
|"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan"|
|- Abraham Lincoln|
Healthcare System Mission
The mission of VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is to provide high quality, technologically current healthcare services in a compassionate, humanitarian and ethical manner within a multi-centered environment which promotes strong research and educational programs, in affiliation with our partners.
VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System will be a Department of Veterans Affairs innovative leader in providing healthcare and other services to our Veteran patients and other constituents.
Points of Pride
- National Geographic and The Discovery Channel featured a new prosthetic hand interface from the Advanced Platform Technology (APT) and Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) Research Center that conveys a sense of touch from 20 spots, allowing Veterans to feel.
- Patient Safety Office – National Center for Patient Safety Gold Cornerstone Award, recognizing leaders in patient safety.
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses’ Beacon Award for Excellence - The Cleveland VA Medical Center’s Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Units.
- First VA medical center to fit a Veteran amputee with a Biom Ankle and a Rheo Knee.
- First VA medical center designated as a Ventricular Assist Device Destination Implantation Site.
- North Coast 99 - Northeast Ohio Top 99 place to work!
- 2015 American Pain Society Clinical Center of Excellence - Pain Management Center and SCAN ECHO
- Get With The Guidelines® - Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target Heart Failure Honor Roll, recognizing commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care by ensuring that heart failure patients receive treatment according to nationally accepted standards and recommendations.
- Ohioans with Disabilities "Committed to Opportunity" employer, recognized for a proven commitment to integrating individuals with disabilities into the workforce.
Thank you for trusting us with your care.
Throughout VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System we strive to provide our patients with outstanding individualized personal care and a positive experience that will exceed expectations. Improving customer service and the patient experience is what we strive for, and our success is a direct reflection of your satisfaction. We hope our care is worthy of your highest scores.
Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes and rigorous in correcting them.