Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
About the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
About the Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System
Focusing on treating the whole Veteran through health promotion and disease prevention, the VA provides comprehensive, seamless health care and social services for more than 112,000 Veterans across Northeast Ohio.
With 18 locations of care, including 13 outpatient clinics, two community resource and referral centers, a psychosocial resource rehabilitation center, a chronic dialysis center and an ambulatory surgery center, the Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System’s quality services are easily accessible to Veterans in 24 counties.
The Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System contributes to the future of medicine through education, training and research programs. We are committed to delivering the highest quality and safest health care to our Nation’s Veterans.
We are a part of Veterans Integrated Service Network 10 (VISN10) which includes 10 medical centers, the independent Chalmers P. Wylie VA Ambulatory Care Center in Columbus, Ohio, and a network of 58 Community Based Outpatient Clinics.
Download a print version of our Annual Report to learn more about the Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System.
Cleveland VA Medical Center At a Glance
Download a printer verision of our At a Glance booklet to learn more information about the Cleveland VA Medical Center.
Healthcare System Facts - Fiscal Year 2016
Veteran Enrollees 112,348 Admissions 11,826 Outpatient Encounters 2,022,636 Women Veterans Served 8,857 OIF/OEF Veterans Served 8,818 Medical Center Employees 5,240
|"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan"|
|- Abraham Lincoln|
Healthcare System Mission
The mission of the Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System is to provide high quality, technologically current healthcare services in a compassionate, humanitarian and ethical manner within a multi-centered environment which promotes strong research and educational programs, in affiliation with our partners.
The Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System will be a Department of Veterans Affairs innovative leader in providing healthcare and other services to our Veteran patients and other constituents.
Points of Pride
- National Geographic and The Discovery Channel featured the Functional Electrical Stimulation Center’s new prosthetic hand interface that conveys a sense of touch from 20 spots, allowing Veterans to feel.
- Patient Safety Office – National Center for Patient Safety Gold Cornerstone Award, recognizing leaders in patient safety.
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses’ Beacon Award for Excellence - The Cleveland VA Medical Center’s Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Units.
- First VA medical center to fit a Veteran amputee with a Biom Ankle and a Rheo Knee.
- First VA medical center designated as a Ventricular Assist Device Destination Implantation Site.
- North Coast 99 - Northeast Ohio Top 99 place to work!
- 2015 American Pain Society Clinical Center of Excellence - Pain Management Center and SCAN ECHO
- Get With The Guidelines® - Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target Heart Failure Honor Roll, recognizing commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care by ensuring that heart failure patients receive treatment according to nationally accepted standards and recommendations.
- Ohioans with Disabilities "Committed to Opportunity" employer, recognized for a proven commitment to integrating individuals with disabilities into the workforce.
Thank you for trusting us with your care.
Throughout the Northeast Ohio VA Healthcare System we strive to provide our patients with outstanding individualized personal care and a positive experience that will exceed expectations. Improving customer service and the patient experience is what we strive for, and our success is a direct reflection of your satisfaction. We hope our care is worthy of your highest scores.
Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes and rigorous in correcting them.