VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System
Current Operating Status
As of Thursday, September 9, 2021 1:24 PM EDT
DATE: July 21, 2021
FROM: Executive Director
SUBJECT: VANEOHS COVID-19 Status
TO: VANEOHS Employees, Veterans, Contractors & Visitors
- Access to VANEOHS facilities is limited to on-duty employees, Veterans with a scheduled appointment or those going to the emergency room, and approved visitors and contractors.
- Access is limited to one main entrance for all facilities with the exception of an employee entrance for the Cleveland VA Medical Center from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Cleveland VA Medical Center’s CARES Tower entrances are closed.
- The Cleveland VA Medical Center’s Emergency Department entrance is for ambulance and patient drop-off only.
- Persons entering/re-entering facilities consent to medical screening by staff. Refusal of consent to the medical screening is basis for denial of admittance.
- Approved masks are required upon entering facilities.
- Virtual methods of visitation are available. Approved visitation is dependent on COVID-19 screening upon entry.
- Visitors who screen positive for COVID-19 symptoms or exposures will not be allowed.
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed access. Exceptions may be made for escorted minors when being vaccinated under the SAVE LIVES Act authority.
- Inpatient visitation is limited to the hours of 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- COVID-19 Negative Inpatients may have up to two (2) visitors per day.
- No visitation for COVID-19 Positive Inpatients unless in a compassionate care situation as deemed appropriate by medical team.
- Scheduled visitation for patients and residents in the CLC, LTC SCI and Acute SCI is based on the unit, involves screening procedures and is subject to change based on community positivity and unit vaccination rates. Defer to the individual unit for current, specific guidance. Visits must be scheduled at least 48hrs in advance. Compassionate care situations will still allow visitation when deemed appropriate by the medical team regardless of the unit’s current visitation status. As a measure to ensure the safety of all involved, antigen testing of the visitor, prior to visitation is strongly encouraged and is available through VANEOHS.
- Compassionate Care Situations Deemed Appropriate by Medical Team:
- COVID-19 Negative Patients & Residents: No more than two (2) visitors per-patient at a time. In compassionate care situations, visitation hour restrictions do not apply.
- COVID-19 Positive: No more than two (2) designated visitors with appropriate COVID-19 precautions and limitations in place for a one-time visit of 15-minutes each.
- For outpatient appointments and outpatient procedures companions are encouraged to remain in their vehicles or outside the building for the duration of the Veteran’s appointment/procedure. Attempts will be made to connect companions to the appointment remotely through video or phone. If the Veteran requires a companion’s assistance, one (1) companion will be allowed access to the building after passing screening but will not be able to go into the treatment room or to the patient room/floor unless clinically indicated and necessary.
- Deliveries of essential items are permissible for inpatients. Nursing units will be responsible for coordinating pick-up of these items with the family and wiping down electronic devices prior to delivering to patients.
Jill K. Dietrich, JD, MBA, FACHE
|Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center||Normal Hours|
|Akron, Ohio||Normal Hours|
|East_Liverpool, Ohio (Calcutta)||Normal Hours|
|Canton, Ohio||Normal Hours|
|Lorain, Ohio||Normal Hours|
|Mansfield, Ohio||Normal Hours|
|New Philadelphia, Ohio||Normal Hours|
|Willoughby, Ohio||Normal Hours|
|Parma, Ohio||Normal Hours|
|Ravenna, Ohio||Normal Hours|
|Sandusky, Ohio||Normal Hours|
|Warren, Ohio||Normal Hours|
|Youngstown, Ohio||Normal Hours|
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: (888) 838-6446
- Change Your Appointment: (216) 791-3800, Press 2
- Media Inquiries: (216) 791-3800 ext. 64964
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: (216) 791-3800 ext. 64444
- Pharmacy Refill: (800) 379-8387
- Staff Locator: (216) 791-3800, Press 0
- Telephone Care: (888) 838-6446
- Suicide Prevention: (800) 273-8255
- Health Resource Center, Veteran Employee Operations: (800) 507-4571